Sunday, July 1, 2012

A turn for the best

Last night, I has the most successful session of my poker career. On hand 32, I won my biggest pot ever. I won a side pot worth $79,600 and a main pot worth $151,900, for a combined total of $231,500. You'd think I'd have to have had at least a set or trips to win a pot this big, but actually all I had (and all I needed to have in this particular case) was top two pair. I'd flopped top pair, hit top two pair on the turn, and went all in. I got not just one but two callers. One of them was drawing dead, and the other one only had three outs (none of which materialized). You could say that the turn card was not just a turn for the better, it was a turn for the best :-)

You might think I quit the very next hand, but I actually played twelve more hands. I felt that there were more chips out there for me and wanted to take ownership of them. This presentiment turned out to be accurate; on hand 43, I won a pot worth $34,300 with three of a kind, sevens.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 44 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 6 times while in big blind (50%)
 - 4 out of 7 times while in small blind (57%)
 - 11 out of 31 times in other positions (35%)
 - a total of 18 out of 44 (40%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 5 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $209,400
balance: $4,877,913

No comments:

Post a Comment