Thursday, July 12, 2012

Donkey calls

Last night, I played well except for two donkey calls. In deuce, my definition of a donkey call is when you call a huge bet with only three cards to a premium low. Often, you're calling because you strongly believe the bettor is a donkey; however, more likely than not in these situations, the donkey turns out to be you.

donkey call #1: on hand 40, I was dealt 2d 9h 6s Jh 5s; an opponent went all in for $2,015 and I called. I drew twice, and stood pat on the third draw. My 9 7 low lost to an 8 6 low.

donkey call #2: on hand 42, I was dealt Kh 4c 6d Ac As; after the first draw, the same opponent went all in. I'd improved to 4c 6d 4h Tc 7c and called; another player called behind me. The player who'd gone all in won with an 8 7. The other player who called lost with a 9 5; I lost with a Q 9.

I'd already hit the felt once before the donkey calls; the second one caused me to hit the felt a second time. I tightened up considerably after that, played 70 more hands, and won back some of my losses.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 112 hands
 Pots won if drawing - 32 of 71 (45%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 23 (34%)
 Pots won without showdown - 26

delta: $-1,709
balance: $5,004,619

No comments:

Post a Comment