Monday, July 23, 2012

A return to sanity

Last night, I returned to cash games, and sanity. Playing those sit and go tournaments was a wild, insane ride. I'm glad I tried them, and I'm also glad I got them out of my system. They're definitely addictive. In the first place, it's a heady feeling to make the money. In the second place, it's an adrenaline rush just playing for all that money, even if you don't end up winning. Finally, the sheer size of the prizes tends to warp your judgment. You think to yourself, "Man, I'm losing some serious cash here. I think I'll enter an even higher buy-in tournament; that way, I can recoup all my losses in one fell swoop!" The trouble is, if you don't win the first higher buy-in tournament you enter, you're way deeper in the hole than you would have been had you stuck to the lower buy-in ones.

The cash game I played last night was definitely not as exciting as a tournament, but I knew it had a much higher skill component, and it was still enjoyable to play.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 69 hands and saw flop:
 - 10 out of 12 times while in big blind (83%)
 - 8 out of 11 times while in small blind (72%)
 - 22 out of 46 times in other positions (47%)
 - a total of 40 out of 69 (57%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 12 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $10,192
balance: $4,464,728

No comments:

Post a Comment