Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Full table mistakes

Last night, I played pretty well, with the exception of two or three hands. Of course, as we all know, you only have to play badly on a single hand to end your night seriously in the red. Looking back over the hands, I know what I did wrong - I failed to account for the fact that I was at a full table. In my week of sit and gos, I got used to playing against a maximum of 5 opponents. At last night's table, frequently I was playing against 8. All of your hand requirements need to go up significantly when you're playing at a full table. You need a better hand to open with, a better hand to call with, a better hand to raise with, and a better hand to go to showdown with. You should rarely if ever go to showdown at a full table with only a pair, yet that's what I did at least twice. Not surprisingly, my head was handed to me on a platter both times. Tonight I'll make sure not to take a measly pair to showdown.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 65 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 8 times while in big blind (62%)
 - 3 out of 7 times while in small blind (42%)
 - 29 out of 50 times in other positions (58%)
 - a total of 37 out of 65 (56%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 10 (60%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $-33,699
balance: $4,431,029

No comments:

Post a Comment