Thursday, July 5, 2012

River love

Last night, on the penultimate hand, Lady Luck showed me some river love. I'd been dealt a queen jack offsuit, and the flop came Qs Td 3d, giving me top pair with a good kicker. An opponent bet $3,400, and got two callers, including me. The turn was the seven of spades, and the same opponent bet $4,600. The previous caller and I both called again. I had a suspicion I was behind, but also a hunch that I'd catch up. The river was the jack of hearts. The betting leader bet $6,200 this time, and I called. My two pair of queens and jacks beat his two pair of queens and threes to win a pot worth $37,100. Pot odds wise, I probably should have folded on the turn, but sometimes you have to play your hunches :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 20 hands and saw flop:
 - 2 out of 3 times while in big blind (66%)
 - 3 out of 3 times while in small blind (100%)
 - 7 out of 14 times in other positions (50%)
 - a total of 12 out of 20 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 4 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $20,185
balance: $4,922,465

No comments:

Post a Comment