Thursday, July 26, 2012

Action tables

Tables which have a lot of big stacks at them are almost by definition action tables. The only way the big stacks could have gotten to the size they are was by giving and getting a lot of action. I try never to join a table which has a single stack which is double the size of everyone else's, but I'll sometimes join a table where there are multiple big stacks, all of about the same size. That's what I did last night. It goes without saying that you have to play extra cautiously in this situation. The big stacks can put you all in at a moment's notice, so you don't want to enter a pot unless you have an excellent chance of winning it. Even then, you could suffer a bad beat and hit the felt. The big stacks can play more loosely than you can, so they're more liable to catch a lucky card. I got unlucky on hand 16. I was dealt cowboys and went all in with them after the flop came 5d 5c 9c. Another 9 hit on the turn, and my two pair of kings and nines lost to a full house of nines full of fives. I ran the numbers later and it turns out I was an 81% favorite after the flop, even though I was up against two opponents. I reupped for the max, and hit the felt again on hand 38. I reupped for the max again, and my fortunes turned around. On hand 48, I won a huge pot worth $106,394 with three of a kind, eights. I kept playing until I got back into the black, and called it a night. Tonight, I'll look for a table with a bit less action :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 78 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 9 times while in big blind (33%)
 - 5 out of 11 times while in small blind (45%)
 - 20 out of 58 times in other positions (34%)
 - a total of 28 out of 78 (35%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 8 (62%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $858
balance: $4,479,791

No comments:

Post a Comment