Sunday, July 8, 2012

The golden tgotl

After doing a bunch more thinking about the golden profit percentage, I've decided to jettison the concept. I realize that the best profit indicator is actually an indicator I'd already come up with but hadn't thought of in the context of profit. It's tgotl - total gain over total loss. Instead of looking for a golden profit percentage, I should have been looking for a golden tgotl.

One of the nice things about tgotl is that it's an indicator which can be applied on a micro level, to the hand deltas of a single session, and also on a macro level, to the session deltas of a poker career. My tgotl for last night's session was 1.825. Including last night's session, my career tgotl is 1.666. My career tgotl for no limit hold'em is 1.997. In the spirit of Browning's "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?", I've decided to pick a number for the golden tgotl which is within my reach but not my grasp: 2. It's an easy number to remember, and it dovetails nicely with the golden ratio. To achieve the golden ratio, you must win twice as many sessions as you lose; to achieve the golden tgotl, you must win twice as much money as you lose.

I'm happy to announce that last night I crossed the 5 million play dollar boundary. To celebrate, I'm going to play deuce for a while, starting tonight.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 122 hands and saw flop:
 - 16 out of 21 times while in big blind (76%)
 - 14 out of 20 times while in small blind (70%)
 - 48 out of 81 times in other positions (59%)
 - a total of 78 out of 122 (63%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 13 (46%)
 Pots won without showdown - 17

delta:  $66,791
balance: $5,002,555

No comments:

Post a Comment