Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Monster swings

I'm starting to get acclimated to gambling in $80,000 chunks. That's nosebleed territory for me. If I do this long enough, I'll become a "nosebleed regular". I first read that phrase in an article on high stakes poker on the website of Card Player magazine, and it struck my fancy. The thing about playing in high buy-in sit and go tournaments is that your balance is guaranteed to go through some monster swings. On Monday night, I had my biggest winning delta ever. Last night, I had my biggest losing delta ever. Each one was over twice the size of the previous biggest. I'd fully intended to quit if I lost two tournaments last night, but had a hankering to play a third, and did. Though I lost all three, I had an improving trend line. Tonight I'll definitely quit if I lose two in a row.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 80000      1000           6        22     6        0
 80000      1000           6        34     4        0
 80000      1000           6        36     3        0

delta: $-243,000
balance: $5,413,336

No comments:

Post a Comment