Friday, July 27, 2012

Melted snowmen

Last night, the table I joined turned out to have some really crazy players at it. Several of them thought nothing of going all in multiple hands in a row, on pure speculation. One of them even announced before a hand began that he was going to go all in, invited others to do likewise, and told what his down cards were after they'd been dealt! Such players typically go on short hot streaks and then flame out. That happened to him. Another player, however, went on a wild ride that hadn't ended before I decided to call it a night. The last I knew, she had a stack of over half a million play dollars.

I'd been patient all night, but the sight of this player building up such a huge stack on such speculative play started to erode my patience. I'd hit the felt the first time on hand 19, when I was still being patient. On hand 71, I threw caution to the winds and went all in preflop on pocket 8s, otherwise known as snowmen. The huge stack flopped trip 9s which became a full house on the turn, to win a pot worth $311,738. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure that's the biggest pot I've ever witnessed in my career.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 71 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 10 times while in big blind (30%)
 - 5 out of 11 times while in small blind (45%)
 - 18 out of 50 times in other positions (36%)
 - a total of 26 out of 71 (36%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 7 (28%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $-80,000
balance: $4,399,791

No comments:

Post a Comment