Monday, July 9, 2012

A battle of ants

Last night, I played no limit deuce. It was a refreshing change from no limit hold'em, but I had two problems. Thankfully, both are correctable. The first problem was that it had been so long since I'd played I'd forgotten one of the basic rules! Embarrassing, but true. To add to the embarrassment, there's less of an excuse to forget this rule than any other in deuce, since the very name of the game is a reminder of it. I somehow forgot that deuces are the lowest card in deuce and aces are high. On hand 2, I stood pat with an ace high thinking I had an 8 6 low, and hit the felt. Of course, that was the only time I made that mistake. I had a nice comeback after that.

The second problem was that the blinds were so small ($5/$10) that I felt like I was in a battle of ants. I'm constitutionally averse to playing for such small stakes. The fact that it was a no limit game made very little difference the majority of the time; most of the pots were minuscule compared to the ones I'm used to. I was playing for rounding errors! That part wasn't fun. Tonight, I'm going to join a limit table with much larger blinds, and see how it goes. My lifetime average delta per no limit hold'em session is over $13,000; I don't want to play any flavor where I don't have a realistic chance of approaching that average.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 147 hands
 Pots won if drawing - 28 of 94 (29%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 23 (34%)
 Pots won without showdown - 24

delta: $-473
balance: $5,002,082

No comments:

Post a Comment