Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The stone cold nuts

It's always good to have the nuts, but there's nothing like having the stone cold nuts. That's what I ended up having on the penultimate hand of last night's session. I was dealt Qh Ac, and the flop came Td Js Kc. Not only did I flop a straight, but it was a rainbow flop, drastically reducing my chances of being beaten by a flush. So I'd flopped the nuts, but would need to pay some attention to the turn and river cards. When the turn came 2c and the river came 8h, I knew I had the stone cold nuts. In order for a flush or a straight flush to beat me, the board needed to have three cards to a flush, which it didn't. In order for a full house or a four of a kind to beat me, the board needed to have paired, which it hadn't. In other words, I couldn't lose the hand; the worst I could do was tie with another Broadway (ace high straight). I raked in a pot worth $23,100, and called it a night the next hand.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 37 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 5 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 1 out of 5 times while in small blind (20%)
 - 15 out of 27 times in other positions (55%)
 - a total of 21 out of 37 (56%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 3 (66%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $18,060
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,785,095
balance: $7,142,048

No comments:

Post a Comment