Saturday, August 3, 2013

Jetpack blip

Looking at the bar chart of my stack size over the course of last night's session, one hand immediately stands out. At the start of the hand, my stack was just over its starting amount of $40,000; at the end of the hand, it was at $58,418, its zenith for the night. That alone isn't the reason the hand stands out, however; on the very next hand, I gave back almost all the chips I'd just won. I hereby dub such a circumstance a jetpack blip. It looks like my stack got strapped to a jetpack, went straight up, hit its apogee just as the jetpack ran out of fuel, and fell straight back to earth. I obviously got too frisky on the following hand. Let me check the archives...

Ah yes, I remember now. I was dealt a suited big slick, and took exception to getting reraised before the flop. I felt like having the last word, and reraised back. I whiffed on the flop, however, and had to fold when my opponent went all in. It was a bit silly to engage in that preflop raising war. The good news is, I still came out of the session with a small profit.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 120 hands and saw flop:
 - 15 out of 18 times while in big blind (83%)
 - 10 out of 20 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 48 out of 82 times in other positions (58%)
 - a total of 73 out of 120 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 9 of 20 (45%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $4,348
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,856,224
balance: $7,213,177

No comments:

Post a Comment