Monday, August 5, 2013

A walk on the wild side

Whenever you go all in, you're signing yourself up for a walk on the wild side. Funny things can happen, and often do. Last night, I went all in four times. I won all four. That may sound good, but in this case it wasn't. In cash games, you want to go all in very rarely. Four times in one session is not nearly rarely enough. When you're going all in that often, it's probably because you're short-stacked. That was the case with me. Funnily enough, only one of the four all ins was truly an act of desperation. At the start of that hand, I only had $3,874 in chips. I was dealt 3s 8s, and the flop came 4s 8d 4d. I threw caution to the wind and put all my money in the middle. That was a bit foolhardy, since I'd be a big underdog if any of my opponents had a four. As it turned out, one of them did, but I wriggled off the hook. I made a full house on the river to live another day.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 148 hands and saw flop:
 - 13 out of 15 times while in big blind (86%)
 - 10 out of 19 times while in small blind (52%)
 - 66 out of 114 times in other positions (57%)
 - a total of 89 out of 148 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 9 of 25 (36%)
 Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $-32,691
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,824,008
balance: $7,180,961

No comments:

Post a Comment