Sunday, August 11, 2013

Fish story

Mike McDermott: Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0128442/quotes?ref_=tt_ql_3

Mike McDermott, played by Matt Damon, is the protagonist of the excellent poker movie "Rounders". Last night, I couldn't spot the sucker in the first half hour, and was half convinced it was me. The thing was, I was playing well; I even had a small profit. Despite that, I was one of the short stacks. I made the following remark in the chat box:

I'm thinking I might be the fish at this table :-)

(note: fish is poker slang for a weak player who gets eaten by the sharks at the table.) Here's the reply I got from one of my opponents:

lol   join the club

This made me realize that sometimes, very rarely, there are no fish at the table. In such cases, it's every shark for himself :-) I ended up having a banner session, quadrupling my starting stack. I ended my night shortly after winning a pot worth $85,246 with a queen high straight.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 88 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 9 times while in big blind (77%)
 - 5 out of 13 times while in small blind (38%)
 - 40 out of 66 times in other positions (60%)
 - a total of 52 out of 88 (59%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 8 (75%)
 Pots won without showdown - 9

delta: $61,946
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,825,825
balance: $7,182,778

No comments:

Post a Comment