Saturday, August 10, 2013

Less is more

One of the annoying things about the PokerStars lobby is that the maximum buy in for a table isn't apparent until you're in the process of joining a table. If you only want to join a table with a particular max buy in, you're reduced to trial and error. Last night, after a couple of false starts, I decided to settle for a table with a $20,000 max buy in, instead of my usual $40,000. Luckily for me, it turned out to be a case of less is more :-) I ended up tripling my starting stack. I'm not sure if this result had anything to do with the change in max buy in, but I can't rule out the possibility. I don't think I played any differently, but perhaps my opponents did. Just for fun, and to gather additional information, tonight I'll specifically try to join a $20,000 max buy in table.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 39 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 6 times while in big blind (83%)
 - 0 out of 6 times while in small blind (0%)
 - 12 out of 27 times in other positions (44%)
 - a total of 17 out of 39 (43%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 7 (71%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $40,115
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,763,879
balance: $7,120,832

No comments:

Post a Comment