Thursday, August 29, 2013

Another magic 50%

Faithful readers of this blog know that periodically I put myself on various kinds of poker diets. The most basic of these is to limit the number of hands I play in a single session. Though I claim there are healthful benefits to this diet, I'm almost never able to stick to it. Another sort of poker diet, which I have better success adhering to, is the one where I limit the percentage of times I see the flop. My goal on this diet is to see the flop no more than 50% of the time. I've found that this pays off dividends in the long run. That's one example of a magic 50% in poker. I think I've found another one. This is when you win as many pots without a showdown as you do with a showdown. In the case of the first magic 50%, you're trying to keep your seeing-the-flop percentage down to 50. In the case of the second one, you're trying to keep your pots-won-without-showdown-per-total-pots-won percentage up to 50. Last night, I won twice as many pots without a showdown as I won pots at showdown. Overall in my career to this point, I'm tantalizingly close to the magic 50% number - I've won 2,845 pots at showdown, and 2,812 pots without showdown, for a percentage of 49.7.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 39 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 6 times while in big blind (83%)
 - 3 out of 5 times while in small blind (60%)
 - 16 out of 28 times in other positions (57%)
 - a total of 24 out of 39 (61%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 7 (28%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $7,403
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,892,169
balance: $7,249,122

No comments:

Post a Comment