Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Into thin air

I haven't read Jon Krakauer's 1997 nonfiction bestseller "Into Thin Air" yet, but it's on my bucket list. It has a hell of a title, and I have no qualms about using that title for this post. In poker, you're traveling into thin air when you stop winning pots. Won pots supply you with the oxygen you need to survive. Without them, you're a goner. Last night, I traveled into very thin air. Of the 142 sessions I've lost since I turned on the PokerStars feature which automatically saves the hand histories, I've only traveled into thinner air once. On November 19th, 2012, I didn't win any of the 14 hands I was dealt, for a perfectly futile 0.00 win percentage. Last night, I won just 2 of the 46 hands I was dealt, for a woeful 4.35 win percentage. I hit the felt three times; the second and third times, I ran into coolers. Since there's nothing you can do in those situations, I don't feel bad about it.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 46 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 5 times while in big blind (60%)
 - 5 out of 6 times while in small blind (83%)
 - 23 out of 35 times in other positions (65%)
 - a total of 31 out of 46 (67%)
 Pots won at showdown - 1 of 6 (16%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $-60,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,746,903
balance: $7,103,856

No comments:

Post a Comment