Saturday, March 31, 2012

The streak is dead. Long live the streak!

Last night, the longest winning streak of my career came to an end. At 29 straight winning sessions, it was longer than my previous two longest streaks put together. It was so long, it started when I was still looking for a new job, was going strong when I received a job offer, and almost made it to the first day of my new job, which will be this coming Monday.

Call me egotistical, but at some point during the streak I started thinking to myself, "This must be how Joe Dimaggio felt when he was on his 56-game hitting streak." I felt like I could do no wrong, and that the streak would last forever.

When I first heard the phase "The king is dead. Long live the king!" it made no sense to me. How can the king live a single day, let alone a long time, when he's dead? Of course, the answer is that the phrase refers to two different kings. So you'll understand that when I say "The streak is dead. Long live the streak!" I'm referring to two different streaks. I'm hoping to start a new winning streak tonight.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 159 hands and saw flop:
- 18 out of 27 times while in big blind (66%)
- 19 out of 27 times while in small blind (70%)
- 63 out of 105 times in other positions (60%)
- a total of 100 out of 159 (62%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 22 (36%)
Pots won without showdown - 19

delta: $-19,200
balance: $4,013,586

No comments:

Post a Comment