Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Smoothing it

Last night, I had a short and sweet session; I won 5 pots out of 17 hands. I've already forgotten what the winning hands were; what I remember best from the session is a value bet I made on the river of one of those hands, which induced a call. I remember thinking to myself as I made it, "Smooth this one". Betting too big on the river is a rough tactic, since it will usually cause opponents to fold; value betting just the right amount is a smooth move. Figuring out the right amount to smooth takes a sixth sense very similar to card sense. Right now, my card sense and my "smooth sense" are fully operational.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 17 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 3 times while in big blind (100%)
- 2 out of 2 times while in small blind (100%)
- 11 out of 12 times in other positions (91%)
- a total of 16 out of 17 (94%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 5 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $48,100
balance: $3,734,239

No comments:

Post a Comment