Thursday, March 15, 2012

Raindrops on a windshield

In my poker career, I've examined many bar charts of how my stack size changes over the course of a session. When I'm playing well, the descents are all more gradual than the ascents. When the descents are really gradual, they resemble the tracks gravity forces raindrops to make on a windshield. The ascents resemble what would happen to those same raindrops if they encountered sudden gusts of wind from below. What you want to achieve in poker is to minimize what your play contributes to the descents of your stack, and to maximize what your play contributes to the ascents.

Last night, I didn't win a single monster pot. I did, however, win a nice number of decent size pots. I called it a night when I realized I'd probably seen the best of my luck.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 23 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 4 times while in big blind (75%)
- 3 out of 4 times while in small blind (75%)
- 11 out of 15 times in other positions (73%)
- a total of 17 out of 23 (73%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 3 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $18,500
balance: $3,521,229

No comments:

Post a Comment