Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happenstance, coincidence, and donkey action

I've been a James Bond fan from a young age. I enjoyed reading the books as much as watching the movies. A memorable quotation from "Goldfinger" inspired the title of this post:

Goldfinger said, 'Mr. Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, the third time it's enemy action."'

Last night, I determined that one of my opponents was a real donkey. He kept going all in preflop. A couple of times, I got to see his hole cards, and he had rags both times. I'd been folding like a good boy every time he went all in, but I couldn't resist calling him when my hole cards were a suited ace jack. His hole cards were 7 6 offsuit. He hit a pair of sevens on the flop, but I hit a pair of aces on the turn. My aces held up, and I won a pot worth $80,600.

Going all in once is happenstance. Going all in twice is coincidence. Going all in a third time is donkey action!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 51 hands and saw flop:
- 7 out of 8 times while in big blind (87%)
- 3 out of 6 times while in small blind (50%)
- 19 out of 37 times in other positions (51%)
- a total of 29 out of 51 (56%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 6 (83%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $59,127
balance: $3,959,316

No comments:

Post a Comment