Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lion-hearted kings

Friends and neighbors, it's that time again. You knew this was coming. Once again, it will be my pleasure to impart to you the secret of poker, completely free of charge. The current incarnation of the secret? You must be a lamb at times, a lion at others, and never give your opponents any hint about which one you're being at any particular time.

Last night, one of my opponents was neither a lion nor a lamb; he was a donk. In other words, he was playing much too riskily. I knew I had a good chance of taking a boatload of his chips if I just waited long enough for a strong hand. I didn't have long to wait; on hand 8, I was dealt pocket kings. In a preflop raising war with the donk, I ended up going all in. My two pair of kings and queens won a pot worth $82,200, and I was done for the night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 9 hands and saw flop:
- 0 out of 1 times while in big blind (0%)
- 0 out of 1 times while in small blind (0%)
- 2 out of 7 times in other positions (28%)
- a total of 2 out of 9 (22%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 1 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $42,200
balance: $3,317,729

No comments:

Post a Comment