Friday, March 16, 2012

An old flame returns

Longtime readers of this blog know there's a certain hand I have a love / hate relationship with. Not to keep new readers in suspense, it's the stealth two pair. This is when your hole cards don't match each other, but both of them match a card in the flop. Stealth two pairs have the potential to become full houses, but they also have the potential to be beaten by a large variety of hands - better two pairs, three of a kinds, straights, and flushes, to name the most common. Since the stealth two seems to lose as often as it wins, it's a dangerous hand to back, but often I can't help myself. It's the gambler in me!

Last night, on hand 18, I flopped a stealth two and went all in with it, after a player with less chips than me had already gone all in. I got one caller. My hand didn't improve to a full house, but it still held up; I won a pot worth $88,584, $62,084 of which was other people's money. This was the only pot I won all night, but it was the only one I needed to win.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 19 hands and saw flop:
- 1 out of 3 times while in big blind (33%)
- 2 out of 3 times while in small blind (66%)
- 8 out of 13 times in other positions (61%)
- a total of 11 out of 19 (57%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 1 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $53,784
balance: $3,575,013

No comments:

Post a Comment