Monday, March 26, 2012

Mac and cheese session

Mac and cheese is one of the great comfort dishes, and is a good metaphor for a very comfortable poker session. Last night, I won the first hand I played; that created the possibility of being above water all night. I had a hunch I'd never be underwater, and wasn't.

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing so right lately. The nearest I can figure it, my showdown percentage is going up due to the fact that my seeing the flop percentage is going down. My seeing the flop percentage is going down because I've turned into a more selective player.

Another thing I'm perfecting is knowing when to quit. In the past, I'd get greedy and try to win more chips when I'd already made a sizable profit; as you might expect, that behavior usually backfired. Now, I almost disappoint myself sometimes when I call it a night, but know from experience that I'm doing the right thing.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 23 hands and saw flop:
- 2 out of 3 times while in big blind (66%)
- 2 out of 3 times while in small blind (66%)
- 9 out of 17 times in other positions (52%)
- a total of 13 out of 23 (56%)
Pots won at showdown - 4 of 5 (80%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $38,600
balance: $3,900,189

No comments:

Post a Comment