Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baby cowboys

As I've mentioned before in this space, I really enjoy learning and using poker slang. Not only that, I like inventing my own, and putting it out there into the ether, in the hopes that it might thereby come into common usage someday. Today, I offer the latest example of my poker slang for your consideration - baby cowboys. This one came about somewhat accidentally. I remembered that cowboys was slang for a particular pocket pair, but got the denomination wrong. I thought it referred to pocket jacks, but instead if refers to pocket kings. Since jacks are worth less than kings, and since both jacks and kings are male, I came up with baby cowboys as a slang term for pocket jacks.

According to conventional wisdom, baby cowboys are one of the hardest hands to play in no limit hold'em. Last night, I won my biggest pot of the night with baby cowboys, and called it quits right afterwards. My new winning streak has begun :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 52 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 7 times while in big blind (71%)
- 5 out of 7 times while in small blind (71%)
- 26 out of 38 times in other positions (68%)
- a total of 36 out of 52 (69%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 6 (83%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $33,300
balance: $4,046,886

No comments:

Post a Comment