Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The trouble with triples

Readers of a certain vintage who are also sci fi fans will recognize that the title of this post was inspired by a classic Star Trek episode, "The Trouble With Tribbles". Last night, I had a lot of trouble with triples. That is, every time I had trips or a set, I ended up losing. A quick reminder: trips are when your hole cards are of different denominations, and one of them matches a pair of board cards; a set is when your hole cards are paired, and match one of the board cards. Here's a summary of my tale of triples woe:

hand 32: my three of a kind, jacks (a set) lose to a queen high straight; I lose $14,200 on the hand

hand 37: my three of a kind, jacks (trips) lose to a king high straight; I lose $19,600 on the hand

hand 53: my three of a kind, aces (trips) lose to a ten high flush; I lose $3,375 on the hand

Add them up, and I lost $37,175 on busted triples - nearly a full starting stack's worth. I didn't go on tilt, though, and ground away until I was able to realize a small profit.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 101 hands and saw flop:
- 11 out of 14 times while in big blind (78%)
- 7 out of 14 times while in small blind (50%)
- 37 out of 73 times in other positions (50%)
- a total of 55 out of 101 (54%)
Pots won at showdown - 11 of 20 (55%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $1,575
balance: $4,166,329

No comments:

Post a Comment