Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A different sort of streak

On Monday night, a different sort of streak came to an end. It wasn't a winning streak, nor was it a losing streak. It was kind of a hybrid of the two. It was the number of consecutive sessions without two consecutive losing sessions, with the requirement that this "quasi-streak" both start and end with a winning session. I had a feeling I'd set a new personal best for this odd statistic, and turned out to be right. It lasted for 52 sessions. In that stretch, I lost only five times.

If I hadn't gotten a tad bit greedy, the quasi-streak would still be alive; I went up by about $21,000 early in the session, but there were a lot of aggressive players at the table, and I wasn't being quite selective enough in my choice of hands to play. I got unlucky on my last hand; I flopped a set of eights, and was a 75% favorite after the turn, but hit the felt when my opponent made a flush on the river.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 46 hands and saw flop:
 - 0 out of 6 times while in big blind (0%)
 - 4 out of 5 times while in small blind (80%)
 - 22 out of 35 times in other positions (62%)
 - a total of 26 out of 46 (56%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 6 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $-40,000
balance: $4,266,747


No comments:

Post a Comment