Sunday, April 8, 2012

A shortage of fish

In poker, fish are inexperienced players who think they're better than they really are. It's not hard for experienced players to separate fish from their chips :-) Last Thursday night, there was a severe shortage of fish at the table I joined; in fact, there weren't any. When you're playing at a table without any fish, you have to adjust your expectations accordingly. You can't expect to double up; you can't even expect to win a big pot. The biggest pot I won last Thursday night was only worth $9,200; I called it a night on the next hand, recognizing that I'd probably seen the best of my luck.

Needless to say, I'm hoping to encounter some fish tonight!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 75 hands and saw flop:
- 7 out of 9 times while in big blind (77%)
- 7 out of 11 times while in small blind (63%)
- 35 out of 55 times in other positions (63%)
- a total of 49 out of 75 (65%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 10 (60%)
Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $3,200
balance: $4,097,936

No comments:

Post a Comment