Friday, April 13, 2012

20 below

The longer you play poker, the harder it becomes to set a new single session record. When you've played north of 600 sessions, as I have, you just aren't going to have your very best session ever very often. At one point, I thought it was a pretty big deal to end a session at least $60,000 to the good, but I've now done it 45 times. Later, I thought it was almost unheard of to end a session at least $100,000 to the good, but I've now done that 9 times. For a record-setting junkie like me, the only records that really remain accessible are the cumulative ones. As long as I can keep growing my balance, I'll be able to continue to set new all-time cumulative highs. Also, as long as I can stay just slightly ahead of golden ratio pace, I'll be able to continue to set new all-time cumulative "golden distance" lows. As in golf, the lower your score is, the better.

What do I mean by "golden distance"? I'm glad you asked. Of course, it's another poker stat, and has a simple formula:

golden_distance = (number_of_losing_sessions * 2) - number_of_winning_sessions

With Tuesday night's winning session, my golden distance tied its all-time low of -20, hence the title of this post.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 43 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 6 times while in big blind (50%)
- 4 out of 6 times while in small blind (66%)
- 18 out of 31 times in other positions (58%)
- a total of 25 out of 43 (58%)
Pots won at showdown - 4 of 9 (44%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $19,792
balance: $4,136,080

No comments:

Post a Comment