Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Aces on the button

There's never a bad time to be dealt a pair of aces. Last night, it happened to me three times in 67 hands. Since you should only see a pair of aces once in every 221 hands, I was seeing them roughly 10 times as often as I should have been. I wasn't complaining :-) The first time, I won a pot worth $14,000; the second time, $43,900; the third, $75,152. You can't expect to win with rockets every time, of course.

Both the second and third time, I had the button (i.e., was the last player to act in all betting rounds except for the first one). Aces on the button are a beautiful thing! Opponents rarely expect you to have so strong a hand, and will often think you're bluffing; consequently, they'll often call your large bets. They can get into a world of hurt that way. I know, because it's happened to me, too.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 67 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 7 times while in big blind (71%)
- 8 out of 9 times while in small blind (88%)
- 22 out of 51 times in other positions (43%)
- a total of 35 out of 67 (52%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 8 (62%)
Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $61,752
balance: $4,116,288

No comments:

Post a Comment