Friday, April 20, 2012

Two out of three ain't bad

Last night's session had an unusual feature - in the top three hands ranked by absolute value of hand delta, I went toe to toe with the same opponent. Luckily for me, I won two of the three confrontations. Here's how they went down:

hand 47: I was dealt pocket rockets. My opponent, who I'll call Aggresso, was dealt king nine offsuit. Preflop, I raised to $1,000, Aggresso reraised to $29,600, I went all in, and he called for his remaining $600. My two pair of aces and threes beat his pair of threes, for a pot worth $62,300.

hand 54: I was dealt a pair of eights. Aggresso was dealt queen nine offsuit. Acting before me, he went all in preflop. I called. The flop came Ac Kc 2c, the turn was 7d, and the river was 3c. His ace high flush beat my pair of eights, for a pot worth $80,300. I was a 55% favorite preflop, 47% dog after the flop, and 68% favorite after the turn. That fourth club on the river was a killer.

hand 67: I was dealt a big slick. Aggresso was dealt a pair of fives. We got into a short raising war preflop, then he raised enough to force me to go all in to call; I did. The flop came Ac 4s Qc, the turn was Jc, and the river was Kh. My two pair of aces and kings beat his pair of fives, for a pot worth $70,900.

At that point, I knew I'd seen the best of my luck, and got out of Dodge.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 68 hands and saw flop:
 - 6 out of 11 times while in big blind (54%)
 - 4 out of 9 times while in small blind (44%)
 - 28 out of 48 times in other positions (58%)
 - a total of 38 out of 68 (55%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 13 (38%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $30,700
balance: $4,244,570

No comments:

Post a Comment