Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sensing when you're due

Poker is largely a feel game. There are situations which arise which are impossible to navigate using logic alone. You have to rely on other things at these times, including imagination, heart, and your gut. Last night, my stack had descended slowly and steadily to $16,800 when I was called upon to exercise these other qualities. I hadn't won a single pot, and had played 33 hands. On hand 34, I was dealt Qs Tc, and the flop came 4h Ts 2c. With top pair and a good kicker, I sensed I was finally due to win a pot. I got into a raising war with another player; neither one of us wanted to back down, but eventually I did by just calling his reraise. When a queen hit on the turn, giving me top two pair, I went all in with my remaining $6,000. My raising war opponent called. I ended up winning a pot worth $49,600.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 42 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 5 times while in big blind (60%)
- 2 out of 4 times while in small blind (50%)
- 23 out of 33 times in other positions (69%)
- a total of 28 out of 42 (66%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 5 (20%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $18,800
balance: $4,091,936

No comments:

Post a Comment