Saturday, April 21, 2012

Putting your money in the middle

In no limit hold'em, you have to be willing to put all your money in the middle when you're sure you have the best hand. Of course, that doesn't mean you'll do so in that situation every time, but you must be willing. There are some good reasons for not making a practice of going all in. For one thing, you can end up with less profit, since it will often scare opponents into folding. For another, you maximize your potential losses by going all in, since your hand can almost always be beaten, however unlikely that is. If you never go all in, however, I contend you'll never get much of anywhere.

Last night, I only went all in once, but I was as safe as houses. In fact, I'd made a full house on the turn, and went all in with it. I got one caller, doubled up, and called it a night. I love it when Lady Luck gets me on her wavelength!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 26 hands and saw flop:
 - 4 out of 4 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 1 out of 3 times while in small blind (33%)
 - 13 out of 19 times in other positions (68%)
 - a total of 18 out of 26 (69%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 5 (60%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $52,377
balance: $4,296,947

No comments:

Post a Comment