Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The right struff

Last night, on hand 20, I had the right struff. No, that's not a typo; it's my latest poker neologism. The right struff is a straight flush. I hit it on the river, and didn't get greedy; I merely raised a bet of $6,000 up by another $6,000. The bettor called, and I won a pot worth $29,000, my biggest pot of the night. I called it quits the next hand.

My latest secret of poker is that you need to quit when you've won your biggest pot of the night. The devilishly tricky part about this is, your biggest pot of the night often comes after earlier pots which qualified as the biggest in their time, but were eclipsed by bigger pots later on.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 21 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 4 times while in big blind (75%)
- 4 out of 4 times while in small blind (100%)
- 9 out of 13 times in other positions (69%)
- a total of 16 out of 21 (76%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 5 (60%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $26,400
balance: $4,073,136

No comments:

Post a Comment