Friday, September 30, 2011

No lapis for neo

Now that it's over, I can talk about my latest streak, and the ratio I just missed achieving. You know about the golden ratio - twice as many winning sessions as losing ones. You know about the platinum ratio - three times as many winning sessions as losing ones. The ratio you don't know about, which I only recently dreamed up, is what I call the lapis ratio - four times as many winning sessions as losing ones. Lapis, of course, is shorthand for lapis lazuli. I picked lapis as the name for this ratio since for me it has the aura of something extraordinary, something magical, and something mystical.

Had I won last night's session, I would have achieved lapis in deuce. Needless to say, I didn't win. Not only didn't I win, I lost repeatedly. In fact, I set a personal record for the most times I've ever hit the felt in a single session - 7. If this had occurred at a $100/$200 table, I would have lost $280,000! Since it was only a $5/$10 table, though, I only lost $14,000 - a cheap lesson.

Ironically, one of the players I was an ATM for was "Aggresso", who'd been my ATM the previous session. This player is no fun to play with, and drags down the level of play of the whole table. I'll be on the lookout for him in the future and avoid joining tables where he's playing. One of the other players kept up a running criticism of "Aggresso's" idiotic playing style all night, but it had no effect. This critic eventually left in disgust. Would that I'd done the same at the same time! I would have saved myself about $8K.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 117 hands
Pots won if drawing - 21 of 63 (33%)
Pots won at showdown - 14 of 33 (42%)
Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $-14,000
balance: $2,035,997

No comments:

Post a Comment