Friday, September 9, 2011

Deep dive

Last night, I ventured into uncharted territory. After hitting the felt for the fifth time, I reupped for the fifth time instead of calling it a night. I really felt I could turn things around. I'd taken a deep dive, but still trusted in my ability to get back to the surface. I made it most of the way back on a single hand, and called it a night at that point. To be honest, at the time I quit the table I thought I'd made it all the way back; I'd lost track of the number of times I'd hit the felt and mistakenly thought I'd only hit it four times.

One of the times was due to the heinous user interface "gotcha" in the PokerStars client which I've mentioned before; I thought I was provisionally calling a $200 bet, but just before I clicked, another player went all in, which put me all in when I called. I make heavy use of the provisional buttons in the interface, since that frees up time to save the hand histories; it makes me vulnerable to the interface "gotcha", however.

Two of the other times were due to my inability to hold off from calling all in bets before the first draw when I had reasonably strong hands. That's something I know I still need to work on. All in all, I actually had a pretty decent session.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 63 hands
Pots won if drawing - 8 of 30 (26%)
Pots won at showdown - 7 of 13 (53%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $-1,815
balance: $2,030,635

No comments:

Post a Comment