Sunday, September 4, 2011

Insufficient perfection

Deuce has its own lingo. The best possible hand, 7-5-4-3-2, is simply called "#1". The best possible hand where the high card is an eight, 8-5-4-3-2, is called "eight perfect"; another name for it is "#5", since it's the fifth best possible hand. Last night, on the first hand, I had an eight perfect after my third and final discard. I went all in with it and lost to a #1. The thing about any "perfect" hand is that its perfection is only in relation to its high card; an eight perfect will beat or tie any other eight high, but will lose to any seven high. I just didn't believe my opponent had a seven high, even though he reraised me enough to put me all in if I called. I fell in love with the "perfection" of my eight, but it was insufficient to win me the hand.

Last night marked the second session in a row where I hit the felt on my very first hand; I promise that won't happen tonight, even if I have to fold a #2! I hit the felt twice more last night, before having a strong rebound to bring my stack within shouting distance of its starting amount.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 117 hands
Pots won if drawing - 27 of 99 (27%)
Pots won at showdown - 11 of 29 (37%)
Pots won without showdown - 16

delta: $-835
balance: $2,009,899

No comments:

Post a Comment