Friday, September 16, 2011

Platinum deuce

Last night, I hit the the felt multiple times; four, to be precise. However, that didn't stop me from having a winning session. That brought me up to the platinum ratio (3 to 1, winning sessions to losing sessions) in deuce. That's an unsustainable height, but it sure feels nice to have achieved it!

I think I know why there are no high stakes no limit deuce tables; it's the same reason there are no high stakes pot limit Omaha tables. With both of these poker flavors, you don't need high initial stakes in order for the pots to grow very big very rapidly; inject high initial stakes into the mix, and you practically guarantee that some players will be forced to go all in on every hand. The more players are forced to go all in on a semi-regular basis, the more luck is a factor; if the luck factor of a game is too high, it's just no fun to play (at least for the poker purists like me).

On my penultimate hand last night, I won a pot worth $8,845 with a 9 7 5 4 2 low. The loser of the hand tried to goad me into playing some more when he noticed that I sat out after folding the next hand; he accused me of being scared, but I didn't rise to the bait.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 66 hands
Pots won if drawing - 15 of 51 (29%)
Pots won at showdown - 9 of 23 (39%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $1,071
balance: $2,038,736

No comments:

Post a Comment