Thursday, September 22, 2011

Anatomy of a winning deuce session

Last night, I had a very successful deuce session. I think the way it played out is a good template for how to try to play. You need to start out with some luck, in order to build your stack early; building your stack early is the foundation for a successful session. The quickest (and luckiest) way to build your stack is to go all in on a strong hand, get some callers, and win. It's important to build your stack early for several reasons:

1. you can bully other players
2. you can't be bullied
3. you can suffer some losses and still have chips left
4. the best way to have a monster session is to win big early and keep winning until you quit

I went all in on hand 5 with a 7 6 5 3 2 which I hit after the first draw, and won a pot worth $5,025; $3,770 of this was o.p.m. (other people's money). After that, I mostly lost small amounts when I lost, and won large amounts when I won. Sometimes poker's just that easy!

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 43 hands
Pots won if drawing - 7 of 27 (25%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 10 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $5,837
balance: $2,041,876

No comments:

Post a Comment