Monday, September 12, 2011

Give to get

Counting last Friday night, I've now played 12 sessions of deuce. I'm at the golden ratio, with 8 wins and 4 losses. As I mentioned before, deuce somehow felt familiar to me from the very beginning. To paraphrase a line from John Denver's classic song "Rocky Mountain High", I came home to a place I'd never been before! That also describes my feelings when I first visited Wales, the birthplace of my father's parents.

As I've said before, poker is all about pattern recognition. One pattern I'm recognizing in my winning deuce sessions is that of losing my starting stake multiple times at the start of the session, but then recouping all the losses and ending up with a profit. This pattern is much more common than gaining a profit without losing a single starting stake, which I've probably only achieved once or twice out of the eight winning sessions. Thus, at least for me, at least for now, to win at deuce I have to give to get.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 105 hands
Pots won if drawing - 14 of 75 (18%)
Pots won at showdown - 12 of 29 (41%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $720
balance: $2,031,355

No comments:

Post a Comment