Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Withdrawal symptoms

As much as I'm enjoying playing deuce right now, I'm really missing the big pots I could be winning playing no limit hold'em at a $100/$200 table with a maximum starting stack of $40,000. That could be a sign of a fragile poker ego; maybe I need to be winning large amounts of chips to validate my poker skills to myself. On the other hand, it could indicate that I'm bored with the chump change I'm playing for now, and need the excitement of greater risk to really get my poker juices flowing. I don't quite know the answer yet. I do know that if PokerStars hosted $100/$200 no limit deuce tables, I'd be all over them like white on rice :-) Maybe I'll send them a friendly email suggesting they do just that.

Last night, I got an early lift, went up over $3K halfway through the session, and finally settled for doubling my starting stack. It marked the second time in a row I made a profit without hitting the felt; maybe my "give to get" theory was premature.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 44 hands
Pots won if drawing - 13 of 37 (35%)
Pots won at showdown - 9 of 16 (56%)
Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $2,120
balance: $2,035,825

No comments:

Post a Comment