Thursday, September 29, 2011

Personal ATMs

I'm not sure why this should be so, but I've found that when two players at a poker table go head to head often enough, one tends to dominate the other, using him like his own personal ATM. The second time I hit the felt five times in succession at a deuce table, I was somebody else's ATM; last night, someone else was mine. I knew from observing how this particular player played that he went all in way too often; all I had to do was wait for strong hands to come my way, then stick with them when "Aggresso" went all in. Luckily for me, no one else at the table really wanted any of his action, so I was able to go heads up against him for the most part.

The first bad news of the session was that I didn't have the discipline to quit when I got up over $7K. The next bit of bad news was that I hit the felt three times. The good news was that my personal ATM allowed me to recoup all my losses and end the night with a small profit.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 104 hands
Pots won if drawing - 25 of 80 (31%)
Pots won at showdown - 18 of 29 (62%)
Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $430
balance: $2,049,997

No comments:

Post a Comment