Thursday, September 1, 2011

High heat

Last night, I had an up and down session. I hit the felt 3 times, then did much better on my final reup. The largest amount I lost on a single hand was $2,015, which was when I hit the felt for the first time. Looking back over that hand, I realize I never should have been in it. To use a baseball analogy, I couldn't lay off the high heat. In other words, I was offered a tempting fastball which was up out of the strike zone, and couldn't stop myself from swinging at it.

Deuce seems to have a lot more volatility than hold'em; you have to be prepared for your stack to take some pretty wild swings. You also have to be willing to fold early and often. I'm still getting the hang of deuce, but I'm already loving it.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 137 hands
Pots won if drawing - 18 of 79 (22%)
Pots won at showdown - 10 of 26 (38%)
Pots won without showdown - 9

delta: $-2,025
balance: $2,008,122

No comments:

Post a Comment