Saturday, September 17, 2011

Frisky late

Last night, I equaled my record for futility. I hit the felt five times, then exited stage left. The thing is, I was having a great night up to the point I started playing like a donk. It was the appearance at the table of a super aggressive player that totally put me off my game. This player was going all in left and right, and I didn't have the discipline not to challenge him. We must have gone heads up six or seven times, and I only won once. I basically "shipped" all my chips straight to him, over and over again. Granted, I did get mighty unlucky three or four times, but still, I really had no right to be playing those hands to begin with.

So I was frisky late, and it really cost me. You only want to be frisky at the start of a session, as I've mentioned before. After 52 hands, I was up about $1,200. The super aggressive player joined the table on hand 49. From hands 53 to to 65, I hit the felt five times, each time losing my chips to the super aggressive player. Freefall. Ouch. I promise I'll play tighter tonight.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 65 hands
Pots won if drawing - 14 of 50 (28%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 17 (35%)
Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $-10,000
balance: $2,028,736

No comments:

Post a Comment