Friday, September 2, 2011

The secret to deuce success

As you know, every so often I get the urge to unleash my pearls of poker wisdom on the world. After playing only five sessions of no limit deuce to the seven triple draw lowball (deuce, for short), I believe I've discovered the secret to having success at it. Drumroll, please ...

In deuce, never go all in unless you're going to win.

I can already hear the howls of anguish from some of you and the hoots of derision from others. Anguish that I've given you nothing you can use. Derision that all I've provided is a tautology. I never claimed the secret was easy to implement! The secret could be rephrased as follows:

If you win when you go all in, you're going to be successful at deuce.

I've noticed time and time again that in my most successful sessions, I tend to win when I go all in. Last night, I hit the felt twice, but had a nice rebound; I went all in on the penultimate hand, doubled up, and got out of Dodge.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 70 hands
Pots won if drawing - 11 of 49 (22%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 16 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $1,320
balance: $2,009,442

No comments:

Post a Comment