Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Playing with an all-in-aholic

On Sunday night, I encountered an all-in-aholic - someone who's addicted to putting all his chips in the middle on the slightest pretext. It's tempting to try to take such players down right away, but it's much better to wait until you have a really strong hand. When you get one, you should go all in with it - the all-in-aholic won't be able to resist calling. I did just that when I was dealt a #1, and won a pot worth $7,585. Unfortunately, I gave it all back six hands later. Fortunately, I won a monster pot of $8,151 on the very next hand. Of course, I called it a night right after that.

This win put the sum of my deuce deltas modestly into the black; I'll do my best to keep it there.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 44 hands
Pots won if drawing - 6 of 21 (28%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 11 (54%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $4,141
balance: $2,014,040

No comments:

Post a Comment