Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The only possible poker perfection

Perfection in any field of endeavor is problematical at best, and impossible in the majority of cases. Poker is no different from any other activity in this respect. I've come to realize that there's really only one way to achieve perfection in poker, and that is to win all your showdowns. You certainly can't win every hand you're dealt. Unless you're playing heads up, you can't expect to win even half the hands you're dealt. There are only two statistics you have any degree of control over - your seeing-the-flop percentage and your showdown percentage. Of these, there's only one you want to maximize - the latter. Of course, to achieve a perfect showdown percentage, you need a fair amount of luck. However, it's my contention that you need an even greater portion of skill. Last night, I achieved showdown perfection. The play I'm proudest of is the laydown I made on the penultimate hand. I was dealt a big slick, and the flop came 7h Ks 7d. I paid to see the turn, but folded when one opponent bet it big and another called. My poker radar informed me that at least one of them had a third seven. As it turned out, they both did.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 42 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 6 times while in big blind (83%)
 - 3 out of 6 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 9 out of 30 times in other positions (30%)
 - a total of 17 out of 42 (40%)
 Pots won at showdown - 7 of 7 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $69,972
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,454,005
balance: $6,903,413

No comments:

Post a Comment