Friday, March 29, 2013

My best pair of jacks

It's hard to make a lot of money when all you have is a pair, especially if they're not aces. Prudence will push you off that pair many a time, when an opponent bets big. If you do decide to call a big bet, it won't be because you believe your pair is the nuts; it will be because you believe your opponent is bluffing or on a draw. It doesn't take the nuts to beat a bluff, and it certainly doesn't take the nuts to beat a busted draw. Last night, I won my biggest pot of the session, $31,700, with a lowly pair of jacks. I had a hunch that might have been a personal best, so I checked it out. It was, by a whisker; my next largest pot won with a pair of jacks was worth $30,100.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 115 hands and saw flop:
 - 12 out of 17 times while in big blind (70%)
 - 10 out of 18 times while in small blind (55%)
 - 36 out of 80 times in other positions (45%)
 - a total of 58 out of 115 (50%)
 Pots won at showdown - 7 of 14 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $9,993
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,579,025
balance: $7,028,433

No comments:

Post a Comment