Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Delights of three

For the fourth time in the last five posts, I find myself reusing a title. If the shoe fits, though, it's not a bad idea to wear it :-) I was triply lucky last night, all on a single hand. Here are the three ways I was lucky:

1. I was dealt pocket rockets
2. one of my opponents was dealt a strong hand, A K offsuit
3. that opponent was frisky enough to go all in preflop

Rockets dominate A K offsuit, to the tune of 92%. Needless to say, I won the pot, which was worth $91,600. It's a very bad idea to go all in with A K offsuit, unless you're heads up; even then, it's a risky play. Why is it such a bad idea? Simple. If one of your opponents has a pair, and calls you, you're in a coin flip situation. You're actually a slight underdog to win. A K offsuit turns out to be a 47% dog to a lowly pair of twos. Regarding my call, I can honestly say that I will never fail to call with rockets when faced with an all in preflop bet. I love rockets, even though I bitch about them sometimes :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 22 hands and saw flop:
 - 2 out of 2 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 2 out of 3 times while in small blind (66%)
 - 6 out of 17 times in other positions (35%)
 - a total of 10 out of 22 (45%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 3 (66%)
 Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $51,600
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,434,823
balance: $6,884,231

No comments:

Post a Comment