Monday, March 25, 2013

A clockwork century

In cricket, a century is the accumulation of 100 runs without being "out" (note: I'm indebted to my father, who grew up in England, for this correction of my original, inaccurate definition). I'll adopt and adapt this term to poker. In poker, a century will stand for 100 consecutive sessions. In this context, a century where you've met your main statistical goals will henceforth be known as a clockwork century :-) As you know, my most longstanding statistical goal in poker is to achieve the golden ratio - winning at least twice as many sessions as the number of sessions I lose. That amounts to winning at least 67 of every 100 sessions. Mathematically, it comes out to 66 2/3, but it's kind of hard to win two thirds of a session :-) I've won 66 of my last 100 sessions, so I'm on the very cusp of the golden ratio. I'm close enough to lay claim to a clockwork century.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 31 hands and saw flop:
 - 4 out of 4 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 2 out of 4 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 13 out of 23 times in other positions (56%)
 - a total of 19 out of 31 (61%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 6 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $12,478
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,541,313
balance: $6,990,721

No comments:

Post a Comment